Monday, July 22, 2013

Bite of Seattle 2013

One of Seattle's favorite summer weekends just passed.  The Bite of Seattle which happens every July is a showcase of delicious Seattle cuisine.  I try to go every year and try something new!  It's a fun atmosphere with music, local vendors, amazing food, and beautiful summer weather (usually) at Seattle Center.  This year was different for me because I noticed all of the different social media opportunities restaurants and companies took advantage of during this event.  I was excited when I saw that eSurance had a Twitter photo contest using hashtag #tweetwhatyoueat!  The most exciting part was that I WON!!!



Every booth had a sign promoting the contest along with the food vendor's twitter handle.  What a great way to promote local restaurants and start following them for food specials and updates!

First stop- .@Dumplingtzar Russian dumplings!
2nd stop- Trophy Spice! Elk burrito


Finally! 3rd stop- @iwantsomebigboys!! Pork adobo tacos and longanesa breakfast sandwich      
My prize! Worth $200!

Other than eSurance's contest, I loved the Groupon and PhotobombNW booth! You get a free photo and a chance to share what your favorite local spot is.  It can be a restaurant, park, etc. just anything local that "you heart beats for."  If you Instagram your photo and hashtag #lovelocal, you will be entered to win $200 from American Express.

My heart beats for #Vivace! #lovelocal #seattle #biteofseattle Thanks @photobombnw and @grouponseattle!

We made it on the Wall of Fame!  

I really enjoyed the way the Bite used different social media channels to share what was happening at the Bite this year.  Other than food, I also loved watching Dock Dogs!  It's a distance jumping contest for dogs!  Dogs willingly jump from a dock to fetch their toy in the water.   It was so impressive and cute to watch the dogs! 

I hope all you Seattleites were able explore the Bite this year.  It was a great day to enjoy our amazing summer weather with good eats.  If you missed it, be sure to mark your calendars for next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment